Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Taking leave

Noticing I was hungry and that my heartbeat seemed more regular than usua! I've headed to Oxford City Centre for coffee and a danish.

Looking out on the narrow, busy streets there's been some changes since I was last here. The thrombosing crowds of tourists have melted away for the streets to be reclaimed by the students and, for a short period, the locals. And I'm shocked to see how much I still look like a student.

I like it here, and not just because its one of the few places outside London I have friends. People are friendly, buses work, conversations are informed. I feel a long way from Borehamwood.

I also know I could be very unhappy here. Out there, somewhere, I sense Physics. And it's clearly too soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home