Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Saturday, April 30, 2005

...and...breathe...


After a week of traffic fumes and stale office air, I had the perfect antidote; a fast walk in the humid air on Hampstead Heath.

I think I've shaken off the worst of the ear infection, and after a week of taking it easy as much as possible, it was time to let rip. I walked in a straight line as much as possible, strolling through thickets, grassland, mud and craters, before finally emerging on the side of Hampstead Hill, which invited me to climb it as quickly as possible. It was worth it for the view that emerged as I reached the summit; the City laid out in front of me. I felt I could reach out and touch it. With water depleted, I felt less a god and more a very thirsty man standing at the top of a hill on the first hot day of the year.

And only 45 minutes from home. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home