Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Monday, January 17, 2005

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner

There's an appeal for witnesses on the corner of my new street and I don't remember my new flatmates having quite as many dirty old spades. On the bright side, the cupboards are huge.

After whinging about Hertfordshire public transport for over 2 years, I've finally decided to head back to Willesden. I'm not totally sure I know why. Maybe it's the lure of the bright lights of the big city. Maybe I just really fancy a change. Or maybe it's the 30 minute commute to work.

I'm going to miss living with Brother though. It's been a laugh being out here, and having arrived here from Willesden degreeless and careerless, I feel like I can come back with some sense of self-respect and a steady income. And I've got Brother to thank for that one.

It's going to take some getting used to though. The buildings are massive and there's people everywhere. It's a bit noisy and disorienting. It feels like I'm back in London.

Finally, something to blog about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home