Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Friday, December 10, 2004

Got the Job (part two)

I've just been looking through some old posts. I've been keeping this blog for nearly 15 months now, and it's a very strange feeling to go back to a mix of the mundane and the profound from a whole year ago. I mean it, it actually made me feel a bit dizzy to read about a dream I'd completely forgotten from November 2003. Something about a dentist, and I suddenly remembered it with disorientating clarity.

Anyway, remember this?

With slightly fewer anguished posts, I've got a new job. And the interview was *much* easier this time. It's only for three months to begin with, and it's in the same team, but it's going to be as a proper social work assistant. So now I can have my own caseload, drive around and see people, and get to experience the stress and, well, stress of social work first hand, seven hours a day.

And if today's anything to go by, that's not looking like the wisest move. But it's about time I got out of the office and applied myself and everything I've learnt to being out there. And "unlikelysecretary" had worn a bit thin.

It's also going to be the first "proper" job I've had that hasn't been admin. Thank god for that- I was starting to go crazy staring at that desk all day. Instead I can go crazy out in the community, just like everyone else.

All I've got to do now is pass my driving test. And not screw this up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Papotine said...

Congrats !!
(and fingers crossed for the driving test)

6:46 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home