Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Monday, November 29, 2004

Bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin...

It's Manager's last day tomorrow, as he sails away to face another challenge. He's a bit of a troubleshooter, so it's probably a compliment he thinks his work is done. He's off to find another troubled field to sort out and leave us in great condition.

Although he also claims he hasn't done any work for a year. I'm taking that as a compliment.

Senior Worker wanted if anyone knew the words to "Goodbye-ee". She was heading for a social care joke neatly mimicking the words, and needed a starting point. It proved a good point to demonstrate the power of Google.

"Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee,
Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee!
Tho' it's hard to part I know,
I'll be tickled to death to go.
Don't cry-ee, don't sigh-ee,
There's a silver lining in the sky-ee,
Bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin,
Nap-poo, too-dle-oo,Goodbye-ee."

Apparently. I still can't decide if it's one of those sinister First World War Keep the Cannon Fodder Happy songs. Decide for yourself.

I think I'm going to miss the old git. Who's going to call me tubby and make me laugh now?

And give me a career. Let's not forget about that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home