Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Big bang

Woken up this morning at 6am thinking that my neighbour had fallen out of bed, but then realised that car alarms were going off. He's not a small chap, but even so. But I didn't think much of it, and rolled over to go back to sleep.

It was only at 10am I got a text from Mum. "Please tell me you were nowhere near that explosion."

Yep, I was actually woken up by an oil depot self-destructing 35 miles away in Hemel Hempstead. And I'm already hearing of people who heard it in Staines, Oxford and Clapham. My that's a big explosion.

Quite a few colleagues and clients live pretty close to that depot, and I think I'll be hearing a lot more about this one tomorrow.

What's more, it's probably too soon to joke about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home