Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Making a good impression

I'm walking into a fairly spartan room in a local council building, wearing my smartest shirt and tie and carrying a briefcase. I sit down, and I'm introduced to the two people opposite me.

'Now, under our equal opportunities policy, we ask all candidates the same questions. I'll ask you three questions, and then my colleague Jo will ask three, and then if you any questions for us about the role we'll do our best to help. Is that OK.'

I agree. 'Now, first question. Where are your trousers?'. This is about the point where I wake up.

I'm beginning to think that I'm not quite as laid back about all these job interviews as I thought. I've had two in the past two weeks, both of which were for Ealing. Friday's going to be odd though, being my first interview for a private company. Incidentally, it's in Stevengage, for some reason.

I should hear about the Ealing one by Christmas, anyway. And so far, I have a 100% success rate for wearing trousers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home