Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Friday, July 15, 2005

Losing my staring match...


I've been staring at this a lot lately. I need to get out of the house.

Although it sounds nice that I haven't been to work for two days, I also haven't been further than the local shop all day and haven't gone to the pub for almost a week. I'm still a bit on the dizzy side, but I think tomorrow's the day to get out and face the world again. Unfortunately, if this goes badly I may never want to get up again.

Against my better judgement, I'm going speed-dating tomorrow. I've never (knowingly) been on one before, so I'm a little scared. Particularly as my nose is starting to resemble a particularly poorly maintained tap, and the longest conversation I've had today has been with my voicemail.

Usually peoples advice on this sort of thing is "just be yourself." Mog's given me the exact opposite advice.

Oh, and just to add to my concerns, I'm in the 23-35 age category. Which seems so wrong. I'm reminding myself that we are all busy young professionals who don't have time to meet people*. And it's absolutely not going to be full of husband hunters and mardi mares.

Assuming it works out, it's going to be one hell of an reintroduction to the real world. And just in case, I reckon I could run to the tube station in less than two minutes.

*Incidentally, my bookcase is currently arranged according to category, and then size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home