Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Haunted by a smell...

Without sounding madder than I have been this week, I keep on catching a smell I'm never going to forget. It's Tree Of Life Aphrodisia Incense, the first incense I ever bought from the little hippy shop in Harrow St Anne's centre. I used to burn it all the time when revising for my stats- it never seemed like an aphrodisiac, more a really nice greeny-yellow smell that always chilled me out (and annoyed everyone else in the house). Then one day I changed to a different brand and never thought about it again.

But every couple of months, I suddenly catch that smell again. It's at the least expected times; walking down a busy road, out in a field, at work. And i've scoured every new age shop within 20 miles, and I can't find it for sale anywhere. I found Tree of Life Ylang-Ylang and Strawberry, but it's just not aphrodisia. I feel a bit of my past is waiting for me if only I could find it, and the smell awakens so many memories, I just imagine finding a whole stick would be like being transported to the past for just a few minutes.

So if anyone's got any leads, let me know. Because it's a time I'm not going to get back otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home