Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Monday, November 03, 2003

Nice news from Amazon, for a change.

We're writing to let you know that we've initiated a transfer to your
bank account for the following amount:

£18.78

Funds should appear in your account in approximately six to ten working
days.
------------
Excuse my ignorance please, but given that electrical signals come close to the speed of light, and that someone with too much time on the other side of the world could be reading this in a minute's time, how exactly does it take six to ten working (one to two weeks) for this amount to show up? And who's been keeping hold of it since that aspiring physicist (poor fool) paid the money out of his account two weeks ago?

Come to think about it, why does my rent do the same thing when I transfer it to Brother's account. And yet the London Stock Exchange can pull it off in seconds.

On the bright side, that's another Physics book I've successfully got shot of. Which means I can start to make space for all the new ones I've acquired this weekend. Have to admit, there was a certain Tarot theme missing from the shelves up until now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home