Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Games you can play...

Well, thanks to BBC online, I'm now bluejacking.

The idea's fairly straightforward- turn on the Bluetooth option on your phone, make a contact with a message, and then try sending it! In practice, it's more tricky- you have to get the timing just right during the ten second sweep for other phones- if you do get a contact, you have to go where the person might be (trickier if you're in a big crowd, or a train doing 30 mph), and all whilst appearing completely innocuous. You can sweep buses, trains, pubs and traffic jams, and send progressively weirder messages.

I got a captive contact on the train coming home- it must have been someone within 10 m of me, and I sent them three messages, including instructions on how to send one back.

Oo, and I got my next door neighbour on the way in. OK, so I admit it's a bit sad. But it's fun and it's free.

Full time job and part time course, and I still have too much free time. Scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home