Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Sunday, October 26, 2003

If only I could turn back time

By the time I'd finished lying in bed, playing the guitar and reading Rabbi Blue (who I heartedly recommend), I realised it was 1 o'clock. And then I realised I hadn't put the clocks back, so before I knew it it was only midday. Woo-hoo!

Of course, the only price I have to pay for that is six months of travelling home in the dark, a wasted hour of morning daylight I'm guaranteed to sleep through (I don't choose my working hours), and the increased risk of being killed, robbed or maimed by rush hour on the poorly lit streets of Hertfordshire. So why do we have to do this every year?

Something to do with Scotland, apparently. Well, here's an idea- put Scotland in the best time zone for the majority of Scottish people, and put England in the best time zone, for, um, me.

Or are winter muggings and traffic accidents all part of a great British tradition?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home