Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Monday, November 21, 2005

It's that Catholic guilt

I'm helping Manager hold three jobs down, and we're horribly short-staffed. Guess this was as good a time as any to tell her I've got two job interviews. This must be what it feels like to commit adultery.

As you might have noticed from this blog, I have serious career issues, and for the last 11 months have lived a closely-budgeted, fairly austere sort of life. And yet it's only just as I start getting a handle on things that I'm getting interviews elsewhere. As for the actual job, for the next few months we have very few senior staff, a whole series of crises coming up, and the looming cloud of a massive reorganisation threatening to wipe us out altogether. Which I love.

But tomorrow morning sees my first interview as a Community Support Worker in Ealing, and there's another one next week. I'm feeling very optimistic about the future at the minute. But at the same time I don't want to go, and they really don't want me to. It's quite validating at the moment, but there's always the possibility I'm going to get one of these jobs and then I'll be forced into a decision. And I hate making those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home