Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Friday, April 01, 2005

April Fool

It's traditional for the jokes to stop after midday today. Evidently that doesn't apply to me as I'm still here, and time is rapidly running out for my managers to come out and say that my career leap backwards is just an elaborate practical joke.

If I do want a real joke, it's the fact that yesterday I spent the whole day ploughing through a pile of emergency duty social work calls, and today it's a pile of photocopying. Oddly enough I'm finding it hard to take an interest.

Yes it's depressing, but it serves as a reminder that no matter how much I want to stay, it's definitely time to leave.

But I've got a whole two weeks to sort this out. For now I just have to face the paperwork, whatever virus is taking over my immune system, and a manager who's yet to get into the spirit of April 1st.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home