Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Sunday, April 18, 2004

I've spent a *lot* of time asleep this weekend. I'm calling it "structured rest".

I've been a little run down all week, having not quite got over the Nemovirus Nemo passed on to me. Sitting in the office has been exceptionally boring this week, as very little has happened. And in addition to this, I spent an hour at the day centre on Friday, which was quite fun, but spending time there always tires me out.

Everyone bombards you with questions over there- "What's your name?" "Where are you from?" "Are you going to be a new client here?" "Are you going to be working here?" "What's your team?" "Do you have a girlfriend?" "Do you have family?"

It was all very friendly, but I really felt like I was standing up in front of a class, bringing back various school-related phobias. I like to be a semi-anonymous but helpful voice on the other end of a phone. Here there's no hiding at all. And I was nervous, but I relaxed fairly quickly.

I'm going to have to get used to it, I start working there tomorrow morning! I'm not quite sure what I'm going to be doing yet, but it should be interesting.

But if an hour over there tires me out, what's a whole morning going to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home