Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Saturday, January 10, 2004

There may be trouble ahead...

I'm starting to believe in signs.

When I met up with Angella earlier on in the week, she had a song in her head. She usually does, and I tend to take note of which song it is, because it tends to have some significant to the coming week. I was worried though, because this time it was "face the music", one line in particular:
"..there may be trouble ahead..."
Of course, you don't have to be psychic to know that the week after Christmas is a bad time to be in social services.

I'm just not too happy with the way I've handled certain situations- despite my warnings to myself, I do have an image in my head of what I'd like to be like and how I'd handle situations, and weeks like this the gap between that and reality seems pretty big. I surprised myself by getting affected by work things- but looking back on it I'd more worried if I hadn't been upset by the whole thing. There's been some pretty heavy shit going on lately.

I don't have to be invulnerable- it's only really when you slip into denial of these things you really have a problem. So this weekend I'm spoiling myself and chilling out as much as possible.

I think it's a sign when I feel the need to sleep in until 1pm, but I feel better for it. I just need to eat pasta, play the guitar and read books for a day. And call some sympathetic friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home