Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Friday, June 10, 2005

Fix me

I'm lying in bed watching bad television at 10:30 on a friday night. Although london's out there partying, it's time to turn out the lights here in meteor street. I need me back.

It's partly the hot weather, air conditioning and the joy of working for social services thats done it, but i'm feeling a bit out of it. And there's some lines on my face that makes me think of Tony Blair. It's been a bit of a draining week, and it's been made a bit worse by the mice running round my room in the small hours. Whoever invented the phrase quiet as a mouse hasn't spent the night in my flat. They're especially noisy when they're trapped and eating poison.

The little sods are definitely on their way out, but i don't completely feel like myself, and it's going to be at least saturday night before i clear my laundry pile and my professional conscience. So for the rest of the time the plan is to do exactly what i feel like. Which tonight involves lying here until at least lunchtime.

I like the sound of this one. Then i'll fix everyone else.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mice squeak !! I found this terrifying at night, in the dark silent house... The little sods kept me awake, my ears and me, all nights long for ages ! don't do this : sleep !

11:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home