Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Thursday, January 15, 2004

Do unto others...

oo, horrible bit of kharma today.

My phone rang, and I answered it and said my team's name. I heard a woman's voice.
"Hi, my names _____ and I work at _____. I'm having difficulty getting into my email account."
My phone number is quite similar to the IT department, and I really should have told her. Instead I said this.
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Drawn out pause.
"What it is, I changed my password, and I can't remember it now."
"Yeah, a similar thing happened to me yesterday." Even longer pause.
"Is there some way you could reset it?"
"I couldn't. No."
"Oh."
"you'd have to call the IT Department for that..."

And as if to prove my point, later on Glinty played an evil trick. I stood up, and the room tilted. So, as she was only on the other side of the screen, I asked her help.
"Glinty- is it me, or is the room swaying?"
"How do you mean?"
"I think I've got an ear infection. Sort of feel a bit dizzy. "
She looked at me as if I'd stepped off a spaceship. And after a few unsettling minutes I realised she was swaying slightly from side to side. And then I disappeared behind the screen with a "Flump!"

That'll teach me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home