Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Sunrise on Meteor Street

I think it must have been 6am when I actually decided to give up on going to sleep and make some breakfast instead. This must be bad; I don't do breakfast.

There's no doubt about it, my sleep pattern seems to be getting worse. I tend to wake up at a decidedly godforsaken hour most mornings and can't get off again at least three times a week. Tonight (last night?) it was especially bad as I couldn't get to sleep to begin with. Fortunately, the last two nights I've been on holiday, so I've got back to sleep and stayed there way past midday. I'll probably end up at work in an hour, but I've topped up my reserves at least. I'm with clients *all* day and at least one of them will notice.

I've never really been much of a sleeper, but I really don't know when it qualifies as a medical problem. My nightmare (well, not many of them lately) is that I'll end up like my Mum who has always been the worst sleeper in the family. She now wakes up around 5 and goes to bed at 8.30 to compensate. When I last lived there we used to pass on the stairs around 4am.

Maybe I'm spending more time than is healthy worrying about work, the state of the world (see a *lot* below) and things in general. Or maybe I always get like this when Supernurse has been to visit. And I'm not seeing her again for a long month.

Now, where's the sunrise? I've got work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home