Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Touch of class

In probably the biggest event to happen in Borehamwood since the final of Big Brother 3, the new Marks and Spencer in the High Street is now open. People were queueing around the block since 8:20 this morning to get a glimpse at the new food shop. They even got someone famous to open it. He works 100 yards away.

It's a depressing thought, really, but I suppose that it's time Borehamwood got its own little touch of luxury. For some strange reason, it's been spurned by the bigger, classier chain stores. It's about time.

Sadly, I didn't get to see the big opening. With a big thick fog hanging over the town all day (except strangely absent over London) I kept my distance. In the East End of London 60 years ago it was customary to use a pea-souper in order to embark upon 'orrible bloody murdah. I was a little scared this might have transferred to the town, and that the High Street might seem a little intimidating. So I went to Tesco instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home