Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I think I need more structure

I had an unexpected day off today. I'm currently doing battle with the virus which is sweeping around my office, and as a result of a high temperature, I got about three hours sleep. And as after the last time I went into work on that little sleep I was lucky to be allowed back, I thought it was wise to stay home, get better, and stay away from laminating machines.

After a while I realised it was the first real day of spring- the sky was blue and the sun was shining, so I dusted off my sunglasses and went out shopping. Somehow despite the fever, I managed to negotiate the purchase of contact lenses and a new string for my guitar (yes, it was a g-string...)

The problem was, on the way back from town, I thought of something that made me laugh, and, well, couldn't stop. My theory was that crazy people look really healthy (based on various friends of mine), which immediately inspired a book. At which point I ran straight into a colleague of mine, still in mid-cackle. Her first question was, "Feeling better then?".

Which served to prove my point, and make it look like I was skiving off.

The least I can do is publish the blurb for my book though. It made me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home