Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Ahem

Rather bizarre moment on the bus the other day. I was waiting for the bus, minding my own business and not trying to make irrelevant observations. But I found my attention drawn to a man at the bus stop, who could be described as "Middle-aged with a cough." A really really awful cough, it must be said, his breath condensing like unconvincing smoke signals in the cold air.

Finally the bus arrived, and we got on. He sat in front of me, looked out of the window, and coughed all the way into town.

Coughing Man got on at his usual stop, and for the first time I heard him speak. They knew each other really well, and chatted all the way to my stop.

Do they go to the same club or something? Obviously, my mind started to wander...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home