Where there's a Willesden there's a way

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Coughing Man sat right behind me on the bus this afternoon. Usually he sits on the other side of the bus or a few rows behind. The Token Screaming Kid didn't get on, and I thought things were going a bit too well. At first it was quiet and I thought he might have finally taken some sort of action, but after our obligatory 8 minute wait at the town centre he sniffed, and I knew I was doomed. After a while the first icey breeze of winter on my face combined with the warm spray on my neck, and I experienced ironic season syndrome.

So I decided to try a little experiment. Traditionally the bus makes an inexplicable series of four right hand turns at the junction station, so I leapt out. I decided to walk down the road, past the station, dodge up an alleyway and jump up to the mainroad. I wanted to get on exactly the same bus (15 minutes later), and sit down right in front of Coughing Man again. But the traffic was surprisingly light, and I just missed it. Shame.

Fun you can have with a bus pass number one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home